Wednesday, June 20, 2012

DAY 12 - June 20, 2012

LUST LIST - Day 12 - June 20, 2012

PHUKET, THAILAND

Hi friends! Has anyone been to Thailand before? I've heard nothing but good things, seen amazing pictures online and from a couple friends and to me, it sounds like paradise! Phuket is the Thailand's largest island, and well-known for getting destroyed in 2004's tsunami. But, don't be scared or deterred because of the tsunami; in 2006 they distributed tsunami detection buoys in the ocean.

On another note. This is like beach-heaven. Average temperatures in the 80's year-round, tons and tons of outdoor activities! The most-popular beach is called Patong beach. Patong has superb swimming and snorkeling, a bustling shopping district and plenty of evening entertainment. The second most-popular beach is called Hat Kalon, or Kalon beach. It is said to be the most upscale of Phuket's most popular beaches, has very white sand, and has a bike path that runs the length of the beach. There is little nightlife and not as much hustle and bustle as Patong Beach has, therefore it is easy to rent an umbrella on the beach and relax for the day. I did hear that the rainy season brings swift rip tides to this beach however.

(There is NO WAY you can say no to this place!)
So, Things to do: Swimming, snorkeling, golfing, bungee jumping (wont be doing that, no-thank-you.), waterskiing, yoga, bike riding, zip-lining, hiking, elephant riding through the jungle, cheap massages, eating noodles/street food, shall I keep going?

Yes, I said riding an elephant before. There is a place called Kok Chang Elephant Trekking Safari where you can pay to go on 20/30/60 minute excursions through the jungle on the back of an elephant. (I'd die, LOVE!) There is the Khao Phra Thaeo Wildlife Sanctuary, which has 22 km of virgin rainforest and waterfalls, excellent for a hiking day trip. There is Phuket FantaSEA, Thailand's most-popular water-sports center, in Wat Phra Tong there is apparently a giant golden statue of Buddha (Thailand is predominantly Buddhist), or at Nai Yang Beach (near the airport) you can visit giant sea turtles! Travel.yahoo.com even recommended hitting up a transvestite cabaret to start the night off (HAHAHAHAHA.). With a night like that, I think I could be part of the Hangover 4 (kidding, come on. I mean... I think that already happened in #2 lol).

If Phuket doesn't sound awesome to you, you're not invited to my party :) I cant wait, who wants to go with me now? Have a happy hump day friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment