Friday, June 8, 2012

Day 11 - June 8, 2012

LUST LIST - Day 11 - June 8, 2012

SCOTLAND

How have I only posted once this week? Believe me vacation has been on my mind!! Today I'm going with this 'June Gloom' that is lingering here in San Diego this morning and lusting over a trip to Scotland. I was recommended to Scotland last year by a couple that I sometimes freelance for. They had this amazing trip and her pictures were amazing so I decided I must go. So here is my research why!

So I began researching Scotland and I got so enthralled and side-tracked that I ended up on ancestry.com.  Did you know you can find your family's Tartan online? So awesome. Luckily, I like plaid. Some other things Scotland is responsible for: Gerard Butler, Craig Ferguson, Sean Connery (to name a few because there is a list of hotties! Not that I think Sean Connery is a hottie, he was just a well-known name on the list!), TV, Telephone, Dolly (the cloned sheep), Whisky (thank you.), Shortbread (also, my thighs thank you.), Angus beef and Deep fried Mars Bars. Who knew so much greatness??

But for reals, this could be an awesome trip. Pack a pair of Wellies, a bunch of layers, and frizz-control hair product for the rain, and its bound to be an adventure. This is a country that is filled with so much history. Think of the cute cobblestone streets, medieval times, castles, the Loch Ness Monster, and King Arthur (The site of Camelot and the "Round Table" is rumored to be at Stirling Castle in Stirlingshire.). Scotland shares its Southern border with England so if you want to piggy back another trip you can! It has a gorgeous and lush scenery due to the high amounts of rain, but I'm from Washington, this is nothing new.

(Remains of castles)
My friends who referred me here told me that going to the pub is key, that it will likely be one of the best times you'll have in Scotland. And pubs are everywhere. Duck in, grab a pint, watch a futbol game on TV with a bunch of rowdy locals and enjoy! This is an anytime-of-day kind of event. Scotland is known for amazing golfing and fishing for the outdoor enthusiasts. You can also take a tour of the whisky distilleries, and one place even lets you make your own small batch to take with you. (done.) Edinburgh is the capital and referred as one of the most beautiful cities in all of Europe, a definite must-see. Glasgow is the biggest city in Scotland and it is known for its great restaurants, shopping and pubs galore.

(A lake, or "loch")
Take a trip, explore the past, see the amazing architecture of medieval castles and take yourself back in time. Flip up someone's Kilt and have a ball. Maybe you could visit during the Highland games, meet a meaty buff local. Oh, and maybe try your wits and take a boat ride across the eerie Loch Ness Lake. Enjoy...

No comments:

Post a Comment