Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Day 6 - May 29, 2012

LUST LIST - Day 6 - May 29, 2012

GRAND CAYMAN ISLANDS

Had a nice long Memorial day weekend and now I'm back. I got to enjoy my friends, family, BBQ, beers and fun in the sun. Hope you all did too! Thus, making me long for a little more time in the sun. 

I want to go to the Grand Caymans so bad. For a multitude of reasons but for the main one being in November - PIRATES WEEK. (Heck.Yes.) One, I love sun/beach. Two, I love rum. Three, I LOVED Pirates of the Caribbean and if someone is offering all three things I love in one week? I'm there!

During Pirates Week the Cayman Islands host 11 days of music, street dancing, parades, sporting events, mock pirate invasions and fireworks. There is a pirate costume competition (I'm so in!), a 5k/10k race, an underwater treasure hunt, and a cardboard boat race!

(http://www.patrykkruk.com)
Okay so besides my secret desire to be a pirate, you can find a ton of adventures to keep you busy in the Caymans. Like I've mentioned before, I'm hard-pressed to sit around and just do nothing. I'm sure the word island will excuse me from listing off beaches I've researched to go (7-mile beach). There is a Turtle farm, where you can hold turtles(!), A spot where you can feed and play and touch friendly Southern Stingrays, snorkel and dive in crystal-clear water and around shipwrecks, golfing, caving, sailing, and believe me the list goes on! You can find duty-free shopping in Georgetown, check out some jewelery like Black Coral to high-end shopping and local artisans. There is a brewery AND rum companies to tour and sample! There is plenty of nightlife to keep the party going with drinks, live music, and dancing! Can't waste a minute while you're there!

US currency is accepted on all 3 islands in the Caymans, and you don't need a visa for entry! The airport has one runway and one terminal, I'm guessing that is a joyful ride for those who love to fly (ahem, sarcasm.). I hear accommodations will be your biggest expense but for the most part you can eat for relatively average costs.

So remember to pack your pirate hat (but not your sword, TSA frowns upon that for some reason...) and get your party-pants on for fun in the sun in mid November. Here's to hoping I meet someone with an off-shore bank account to fund my fantasy lifestyle!!! (kidding... kind of.)

No comments:

Post a Comment